Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124
Physical Address
304 North Cardinal St.
Dorchester Center, MA 02124

Former senior Trump campaign adviser Jason Miller is calling for accountability amid President Donald Trump’s potential legal battle with the BBC over changes to his Jan. 6 speech on “The Ingraham Angle.”
NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
president Donald Trump On Friday, he said he planned to file a lawsuit against the BBC over an edit of his Jan. 6, 2021, speech that was cut in the investigative documentary series Panorama, the news organization reported.
“We will probably be suing them next week for between $1 billion and $5 billion in compensation,” Trump told reporters on Air Force One on Friday evening.
He added that he planned to discuss the matter with British Prime Minister Keir Starmer over the weekend, BBC News reported.
“BBC lawyers have written to President Trump’s legal team in response to a letter received on Sunday,” a BBC spokesman said said Thursday. “BBC Chairman Samir Shah has separately sent a personal letter to the White House making it clear to President Trump that he and the corporation regret the editing of the President’s January 6, 2021 speech, which was included in the broadcast.”

President Donald Trump said Friday he plans to file a lawsuit against the BBC over an edit of his Jan. 6, 2021, speech that was cut in the investigative documentary series Panorama, the news organization reported. (Kin Cheung/AP Photo)
The spokesman said there were “no plans” to rebroadcast it the documentary at the center of the controversy on one of the BBC platforms.
“Whilst the BBC sincerely regrets the manner in which the video clip was edited, we absolutely do not believe there is any basis for a defamation claim,” the spokesperson added.
The British news agency was criticized over a BBC Panorama documentary about Trump January 6, 2021, Speech which he held before the attack on the US Capitol. Critics believe the documentary was misleading because it failed to mention Trump urging his supporters to protest “peacefully” and spliced together remarks the president made nearly an hour apart to make it seem like one long statement.
The BBC said on Friday that the change “created the false impression that President Trump had directly called for violent action” but was unintentional.
BBC apologizes for Trump amid $1 billion legal threat

President Donald Trump speaks to supporters outside the White House on January 6, 2021. (Jacquelyn Martin/AP)
Trump previously threatened to sue if the “false, defamatory, derogatory and inflammatory statements” were not immediately withdrawn.
The controversy led to the resignations Deborah Turness, CEO of BBC News, and Tim Davie, Director General of the BBC.
“I resigned over the weekend because the responsibility is mine. But I want to make one thing very clear: BBC News is not institutionally biased,” Turness told reporters outside BBC headquarters in London on Monday.

President Donald Trump speaks to members of the press aboard Air Force One as he flies from Washington, DC to West Palm Beach International Airport on November 14, 2025. (Roberto Schmidt/Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
“Our journalists are not corrupt. Our journalists are hard-working people who strive for impartiality and I will stand by their journalism,” she added. “There is no institutional bias. Mistakes are made.”
Fox News Digital has contacted the White House and the BBC for comment.